I am writing to you with some exciting news: we are moving to phase 3 in November! So what exactly does that look like for children’s ministry?
Let me start with what is staying the same:
- Mask wearing while indoors for all people 3-years-old and older.
- Nursery staff will continue to mask, wash hands, use hand sanitizer, and clean all toys and touched surfaces
- Wednesday night suppers will continue to include children’s programming on the playground
Here’s what is changing:
- We will resume children’s programming for all ages. 0-2 year olds will be in the nursery and 3-year-olds through 5th graders will be upstairs doing Godly Play.
- We will do our best to maintain social distancing upstairs, and again masks will be required. (We now have disposable child sized masks available).
- There will no longer be a video released at 8 am on Sunday mornings. Instead, I will record the in-person Godly Play time and we will post it on the website and our youtube channel on Tuesdays.
- Masks will not be required for children outdoors. We will continue to have nursery staff masked both indoors and outdoors.
STILL TO COME
In January we will resume Bible study for 2nd through 5th graders. We will be calling this group our “Godly Study” group. We will keep the kids together through Advent and Christmas this year- stay tuned for some fun updates about what we have planned for those!
Please let me know if you have any questions about this next phase and what it looks like for your family. I have loved being back with so many of your kids and I cannot wait to start doing my Godly Play lessons with them in person- starting this Sunday at the outdoor service!
With love and prayers,